Monday, June 4, 2012

Slow down and capture the moment! {Maine Children's Photographer}

When life gets too busy and you want it to slow down, snap a photo! It will be a moment captured forever! 

I've been personally challenged to focus on my children's every day moments and capture them creatively  so I can have something to look back at and remember these days. My oldest daughter is going to be 5 this week and I could cry because it has gone by WAY too fast. I lead a busy life, I'll be the first to admit it, so I have to make a very conscious decision to slow down and be still. Get on the floor and read a book. Get messy with play-doh. Cuddle. Blow bubbles. 

Every Mom struggles with that balance and where to find it, so when I want to remember something special or unique about one of my children at this age and at this moment I snap a photo. These photos are taken in my home, of my children and are beautiful to me because they are of my children being authentically themselves. They are not perfect but to me they are perfection! 

This first one is one of my all time favorites!





A quick attempt at a photo of me and my kiddos... I love it! :)







My middle daughter NEVER stops moving! Her photos are always blurry and that's okay with me because that is exactly who she is! 







"Mommy look I can wash my hands all by myself, I'm such a big girl..."


Almost a big girl! Haha!


The next three photos are all during nap time... my favorite time of day!







Rain, rain, go away...


We do a lot of painting at our house! :) The perfect rainy day activity!





And because I love color, here are my three dolls with our neighbor's beautiful poppy flowers! 

I love my kids, they are God's gift to me. I am SO blessed! :)





So.... what are you waiting for? Get out your camera and capture some memories! 

Take the challenge to take one unique photo of your children each day this week. Be creative and have fun with it! :)


1 comment: